With so many parking lots, parking signs and parking fines, it can be a little tricky to figure out where you can actually park your vehicle when you visit the Illini Union. Below is an easy map to locate the different areas and a key to explain the different guidelines for each section. We look forward to making your visit easy and enjoyable.
View Illini Union Parking in a larger map
Need directions? Just type in your address, go and we'll see you soon!
Navigate the halls of the Illini Union from anywhere with our virtual tours!
- A3, A9, B1, B7, C3, D1, D2, and D6: Faculty and Staff. Free after 5pm and on weekends.
- C7: 6th and John parking garage. Metered lots available on upper level. Free after 5pm and on weekends.
- D5: Krannert metered lot.
- Green and Sixth: Pay station accepts automated electronic credit cards.
- Mathews St. metered spots: Enforced Monday through Saturday from 7am until 6 pm.
directly around union
- Campus Center Parking Deck (formerly lot J): Pay as you exit. $1/hour (1-7 hours), $8 (flat rate: 7-12 hours), $10 (flat rate: 12-24 hours). Overnight parking allowed. Open 24/7. Credit, cash, and validation tickets accepted. Pay at pay station (cash, credit) on ground floor or upon exit at exit column (credit, validation only). Website: www.campuscenterparking.com
- D10: Parking spaces are for Illini Union Hotel guests and will be given parking passes upon request at check-in.
- D10: Metered spaces are for hotel guests as well as individuals using Illini Union programs and services.
- Metered spaces can be rented contingent upon the needs of the Illini Union operations.
- $15 charge per meter bag for a minimum of eight hours. Each additional hour is $1.50 per bag.
- A maximum of six spaces can be rented.
- Circle Drive: Metered spaces can be rented with special permission contingent upon the needs of Illini Union operations.
- $20 charge per meter bag for a minimum of eight hours. Each additional hour is $2.00 per bag.
- A maximum of five spaces can be rented.
- All meter bag requests must be made at least five days in advance. You can fill out the request by clicking this form.
Additional questions about parking? Contact Campus Parking.